[olsr-dev] nameservice plugin patch (was Re: The fat merge)

John Hay (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 6 17:49:57 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 03:02:18PM +0100, Jens Nachtigall wrote:

> > > There should be more than 2 sentences in the plugin's README ;-)
> >
> > Thank you, there are.
> > But I should have been more precise: "... two sentences about the
> > changes."
>
> Hhm, okay, I see ;-)
>
> just from memory:
> The first author (Bruno, now travelling the world) of the nameservice plugin
> had 2 basic types, that the plugin announced:
> - I am a DNS server (use me for lookup)
> - My host name ist this xxx
>
> There was also already another type defined, but not implemented:
> - I do offer this kind of service to the network (string with a certain
> format, which can be parsed e.g. by a script)
>
> This latter type is now implemented by the patch (there should also be 1 or 2
> bug fixes for the old code in there as well).
>
> > > The updated README is probably also part of the diff.
> >
> > No update to the README AFAICS.
> > However, I just merged it somewhat by hand and the generated files seem
> > fine on my host.
>
> If there are still some lines of code that puzzle you, let me know. Maybe I
> can help.

I guess part of the reason why it was difficult to merge is because my
patch to add IPv6 support had been committed. At a first glance, it
looks like some of the IPv4isms has crept back, ie. union olsr_ip_addr
has been changed back to struct in_addr.

John
--
John Hay -- (spam-protected) / (spam-protected)