[Olsr-dev] Patch Orgy Syncup / Sorting out old TCs [long!]

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 28 17:13:44 CET 2007

Hi (hannes),

have re-synced to HG now. My new patchset is here in an hour (mirrors need
re-sync time, otherwise use the "download-master"):
http://download.berlin.freifunk.net/sven-ola/nylon/packages/olsrd/files/ For
some reason, 133 was applied only partly (maybe the tgz/directory mix up) -
but the missing else{}'s are uncritical. I can push that on your hg repo if
you prefer.

Here's the current list with comments - I'll leave the Freifunk stuff out
for shortness.

100-olsrd-hg.patch
  (you know this)

104-olsrd-verysmallfix.patch
  Discards some debug garbage.

121-olsrd-fib-metric-approx.patch
  Adds a new mode for transferring metrics to kernel

122-olsrd-lqnatthresh.patch
  Adds an option to do route damping for the default
  route. In terms of social costs: It does not matter, if
  the best gateway is selected when having NAT.
  It only matters, it the selection is stable for some time.

133-fix-lqneigh.patch
  Missing else{}!? from HG inclusion.

134-move-tcset-functions-and-revert-parts-of-133.patch
  Shift some functions between C sources in order to got
  a more cleaner 135 patch.

135-opt-lqtc-seqno.patch
  A new approach to sort out old LQ-TC messages. Checks
  ANSN to detect node restarts. If you prefer to read a more
  clear version, theres a perl script which realizes that with the
  olsrd's "-dispin" output:
http://ff-firmware.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/ff-firmware/ff-devel/contrib/olsr-seqno5.pl

I haven't check the function until now - my complete recession test squad
has left for christmas <ggg>. For that reason no new firmware yet and no
windows installer and so on. And as I wrote, there's the "do not forward
TC's marked as old because they are already in the sending buffer" thingy...

// Sven-Ola