[Olsr-dev] Patch Orgy Syncup / Sorting out old TCs [long!]

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 28 12:01:55 CET 2007

hi,

since bernd is on vacation i am the designated patch jockey ;-)

> 102-olsrd-windowsfix.patch
>   Changes necessary to compile under Win32/MSVC6

added to CVS and mercurial

> 104-olsrd-verysmallfix.patch
>   Discards some debug garbage.

added to CVS and mercurial

> 105-fix-lq-buffer-quirks.patch
>   Sender side fix for LQHello/LQTC fragmentation.

added to CVS and mercurial

> 110-bmf-v152.patch
>   Grabbed a copy of eric's plugin and adapted that to CVS

added to CVS and mercurial

> 121-olsrd-fib-metric-approx.patch
>   Adds a new mode for transferring metrics to kernel

could not find it on
http://download.berlin.freifunk.net/sven-ola/nylon/packages/olsrd/files/
pls clarify

> 122-olsrd-lqnatthresh.patch
>   Adds an option to do route damping for the default
>   route. In terms of social costs: It does not matter, if
>   the best gateway is selected when having NAT.
>   It only matters, it the selection is stable for some time.
>   experience is good - no matter who complains)

not included, let me spend some more thought on this one.

> 133-fix-lqneigh.patch
>   Reverts an idea of hannes (check seqno < newseqno)
>   because this will lead to not forwarding lqtc if node
>   is restarted a long time.

added to CVS and mercurial

> 134-move-tcset-functions-and-revert-parts-of-133.patch
>   Reverts 133 and shift some functions between C sources
>   in order to got a more cleaner 135 patch. I leave that in,
>   because hannes has applied this to his HG repo AFAIK.

not included, see comment below

> 135-opt-lqtc-seqno.patch
>   A new approach to sort out old LQ-TC messages. Checks
>   ANSN to detect node restarts. If you prefer to read a more
>   clear version, theres a perl script which realizes that with the
>   olsrd's "-dispin" output:
> http://ff-firmware.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/ff-firmware/ff-devel/contrib/olsr-seqno5.pl

not included, as the heuristics are fairly complex for my taste.
i'd be more in favour of a "newstarting neighbors wrap the sequence space" type of fix.
let me try to cook up a fix by myself.

> 136-optimize-invalidip-check.patch
>   Optimize/Corrects the check for invalid IPs

added to CVS and mercurial

> 138-optimize-message-generation.patch
>   A multihomed hosts does nameservice announcments with
>   different seqno - which is not necessary because you cannot
>   configure different name-interval for ifaces. Also adds flushing
>   buffer after writing LQ-TC if TC-Interval < Hello-Interval.

added to CVS and mercurial

> 139-olsrd-magicarprefresh.patch
>   Adds a flag to the add-arp-request because adding tmp-ARP
>   it does not work on linux-2.4.x. You need a patched 2.4.x
>   to make it work. Not needed for linux-2.6.x but it does not
>   hurt <ggg>

not included - is a FFF specific addition.

/hannes