[Olsr-dev] Patch Orgy Syncup / Sorting out old TCs [long!]

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 27 12:37:54 CET 2007

Hi,

as posted on our berlin list (german), this may be of interest to others
too. We currently have 3 main sources of olsr code and it starts to get a
bit confusing (at least to me). There's the CVS (bit outdated), the HG repo
from hannes and my patchset for the Freifunk Firmware.

To offer some kind of compromise between stability and actuality (e.g. for
the 24c3 folks), I placed a Freifunk-variant of the olsr.org daemon sources
here:
http://download.berlin.freifunk.net/sven-ola/binaries/

That directory also offers a current Windows OLSRD Installer - which really
runs smoth now - at least in Berlin... The TGZ is branched from the CVS
(2007-DEC-14) with all patches applied from here (100 to 139):
http://download.berlin.freifunk.net/sven-ola/nylon/packages/olsrd/files/

The same patchset for the *current* CVS is here:
http://ff-firmware.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/ff-firmware/ff-devel/patches-rib2.tgz

To document that FYI - here's a patch set description (based on CVS - which
should stay the major Repo until official change/announced after 0.5.5?):

100-olsrd-cvs.patch
  (Diffs from last olsrd-0.5.4.tar.bz2 to current CVS)
102-olsrd-windowsfix.patch
  Changes necessary to compile under Win32/MSVC6

  PAA plugin makefile breaks make

Some words about the "sorting out old LQ-TCs". Looks good and works (the
newest topo info is fed into the calculation). But needs further tweaking -
because it does *not* sort out forwarding old TCs. Mainly, because an old
to-be-forwarded-TC is already written in the sending buffer while receiving
a newer TC. Why bother? Because 70-80% of the OLSR traffic is LQ-TC here.
Which is unnecessary high - all nodes with 135*.patch will sort them out
anyhow...

// Sven-Ola