[Olsr-dev] Seeking comments: OLSR+ETX v/s DSR+ETX

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 27 11:22:40 CET 2007

Hi,

may be a bad idea. TC-Message from NON-Sym Neighs will be discarded. So it
will need some HELLOs until the TC forwarding is enabled AFAIK. Can you
re-check in a living network?

// Sven-Ola

""Henning Rogge"" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On Dec 21, 2007 7:52 PM, elektra <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> I'm using the freifunk mesh to go online with a notebook.
>
> The current situation is, that I'm announced to the network immediately
> when I
> start olsrd.  That's fine. It still takes about ~40 seconds until the
> gateway
> has a route back to me (4 hops).
I think your comment just let me find a bug in olsrd. In file
"src/lq_packet.c"
the TTL list for fisheye metric is defined as

   static int ttl_list[] = { 2, 8, 2, 16, 2, 8, 2, MAX_TTL};

Wouldn't it be better to make it this way, so the first TC of a node
can update the whole network ?

   static int ttl_list[] = { MAX_TTL, 2, 8, 2, 16, 2, 8, 2 };

If not it might take multiple TCs until you even reach parts of the
network the first time.

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)