[Olsr-dev] Seeking comments: OLSR+ETX v/s DSR+ETX

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 21 21:32:53 CET 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 7:19 PM, Hannes Gredler <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> what about decoupling this:
>
> 1. making the formula as simple as possible:
>     lq = (total - lost) / total
>
> 2. suppress advertisement of new neighbors (in tc-messages)
>     up until X * hello multiplier.

This would prevent olsrd using a link during the first "hello-interval
* x" seconds. That's not good.

What's about this ? It's not as "fast" as the old formula, but I think it works:

lq = (total - lost) * / (  (total + olsr_cnf->lq_wsize) / 2 );

(just using the average of the maximum lq window size and the active one)

This way fresh links can be used immediately, but get "bad" lq values
until olsrd receives enough hellos.

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)