[Olsr-dev] Seeking comments: OLSR+ETX v/s DSR+ETX

sebastian sauer (spam-protected)
Sat Dec 15 22:24:01 CET 2007

Wed 12 Dec 2007 23:17, Hannes Gredler wrote:
> Sudheendra Murthy wrote:
> > It is clear that OLSR+ETX has additional overhead of sending TC
> > messages when compared with DSR+ETX. Does this overhead provide
> > significant benefits? I am interested in knowing the pros and cons of
> > the OLSR+ETX and DSR+ETX protocols.
>
> the overhead is next to nothing -
ACK.

> ans yes it provides significant benefits.
ACK.

further the ETX is the same in both OLSR and DSR.

what differs greatly is the linkquality definition/implementation.
this part is not properly implemented in OLSR at the moment, in fact
the current implementation can only be explained by "voodoo-magic" but
not on the grounds of rational thought.

i already worked on a patch, but never found time for testing it properly
or to bring this topic to this ML.

cheers,
s.