[Olsr-dev] Patch Orgy Syncup

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 23 12:14:20 CEST 2007

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 01:58:21AM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
| > b) Small Hysteresis on HNA4 0/0 to prevent routing flaps especially
| >    when ETX(a) slowly grows and ETX(b) slowly shrinks there is a 5
| >    minute "flaptime" for such a route. This is not nerve wrecking with normal
| >    host routes, but the NAT on 0/0 gateways triggers "lost connections" for
| >    every gateway change then.
|
| Could you describe how that works?  I'm worried it might create
| routing loops.

i share your concerns - there is one other protocol which uses
kind damping tequnique which is BGP. for exactly the same reason
(routing loops) it is prohibited to damp internal paths ...

one of the things what we would like to do for olsr-ng is
to work on that problem too - rather than damping routes
we'd like to to setup a GRE tunnel to the node offering the 0/0
route.

now "stickyness" to a certain default gw is easy and does not
create routing loops.

/hannes