[Olsr-dev] [Olsr-cvs] olsrd-current/lib/txtinfo/src olsrd_txtinfo.c, 1.6, 1.7 olsrd_txtinfo.h, 1.1, 1.2

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 16 21:41:43 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 19:50 +0200, Andreas Tønnesen wrote:
> Aaron Kaplan wrote:
> > some feedback for that:
> > Andreas's Thesis stated that the interface will always remain the
> > same. AFAIK this was the reason to keep the version numbers in there.
> > [1] Andreas, could you confirm this?
> >
> Yes, the original idea behind the plugin interface version number
> scheme was to always be backwards compatible.

Yup. That's the reason that I incremented the version number.

And the #define is in there to easily get the unneeded code out in the
99.9% of all cases where you actually do not need it, namely the
usual .rpm, .deb or *BSD package or a firmware image for WRT54G and
similar devices.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services