[Olsr-dev] Patch Orgy Syncup

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 3 14:02:17 CEST 2007

Hello Bernd,

for sure, you're busy updating the tgz's. I think it's time to do a little
patch syncup. Here's my current list (all located on
http://download-master.berlin.freifunk.net/sven-ola/nylon/packages/olsrd/files/ -
you may notice the domain change) That stuff is included in my current
testing versions of the Freifunk Firmwre located here now:
http://download.berlin.freifunk.net/sven-ola/testing/

OK - here are some patches which may find their way in to the next version.
All of my patches are BSD/GPLv2 dual licensed - at least that stuff which is
coded by me.

100-olsrd-cvs.patch
   Purpose should be clear - olsrd-0.5.2.tgz diff to CVS

110-olsrd-double-wlancard-neigh-hack.patch
  This is a hack for Nodes having to wifi cards with the same channel,
  bssid, IP-Range etc. If two nodes can see each other by means of two
  possible links (here: two wifi cards with equal config), a bug is
triggered
  with the Neigh-is-SYM detections. This small little hack prevents this.

111-olsrd-complainpluginvers-nosleep.patch
  This simply discards the 5 seconds wait for VERSION4-Plugins.

112-olsrd-nameservice-fixemptyname.patch
  This is an addon to my lat/lon stuff which will prevent olsrd from
  running (oops?) if no hostname is given and the nameservice plugin
  is loaded.

113-olsrd-dyngwplain-pluginvers5.patch
  This updates the dyngwplain plugin to the new Plugin Iface

120-olsrd-routing-cleanup.patch
  This one is not meant for the olsr.org release because it conflicts with
  Hannes' (currently unpublished) work the analog function. So this patch
  is homolog I presume ;-) Because Hannes stuff looks more promising,
  I think it's best not to interfere here. However, I will ask Hannes to
  include some minor enhancements included here with his upcoming
  "Routing-Cleanup" addons, namely

  a) Quagga-Hookup change (changed function-table-iteraction to simple
     chainable hook function)

  b) Small Hysteresis on HNA4 0/0 to prevent routing flaps especially
    when ETX(a) slowly grows and ETX(b) slowly shrinks there is a 5
    minute "flaptime" for such a route. This is not nerve wrecking with
normal
    host routes, but the NAT on 0/0 gateways triggers "lost connections" for
    every gateway change then.

130-olsrd-policy-routing.patch
  Reworked this one to discard GPL helper functions. Also checked IPv6 and
  re-included the IPC hookup. This should be ready for inclusion now. The
  patch adds a "RtTable [number]" for /etc/olsrd.conf which is simply the
Linux
  policy routing table to use. Defaults to 254 (== main). Ah - the patch
should
  apply without the 120-routing-cleanup.

140-olsrd-arprefreshed.patch
  This is a new one. Opens a packet socket and listen to UDP(698), extract
  the sender MAC and refreshes the ARP cache whith that. Should speedup
  especially in cases, if you initially try to use a longer routing path
which normally
  triggers a "ARP-Lookup-Chain".

I'am currently evaluating the possiblity of a "ping-of-death". Means a
probe-ping-packet from time to time with a faked dest-IP / sender-MAC to
check, if a neighbour has enabled IP_FORWARD and does not block traffic
(firewalled end-user-windows-pc-to-be-kicked-off-the-routing-scheme). Not
sure if this helps - but we'll see..

Cheers,
// Sven-Ola