[Olsr-dev] 0.5.2 uploaded to debian

Holger Levsen (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 2 13:25:23 CEST 2007

Hi Bernd,

On Thursday 02 August 2007 11:20, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> > http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=olsrd
> Cool.

:-)

But alpha and hppa again failed to build (with the same errors as in 0.4.10)
as you can see there... (build-logs are linked there, too)

So I'll apply this patch:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=19;filename=olsrd-404899.diff;att=1;bug=404899

But I thought this was fixed already?

> > will make upgrading the package to 0.5.3 much easier :) The only real
> > change is calling make with -DSUPPORT_OLD_PLUGIN_VERSIONS=1 and moving
> > the config files to /etc/olsrd/
> "files"? Do we have more than one?

Yes :) I patch src/olsr_switch/ohs_cmd.c  like this:

-         olsrd_args[argc++] = "/etc/olsrd-emu.conf";
+         olsrd_args[argc++] = "/etc/olsrd/olsrd-emu.conf";

> > The new bmf and quagga plugins are also not build by default - should
> > they?
> Don't know. Why not?

Heh. Some plugins seem very experiemental to me, thats why I asked and
disabled them first. I'll enable them now.

> I actualy (also) do not know if the Debian way is to package everything
> in one big package or have - going to the extreme - one package per
> plugin so people can install exactly the needed ones (or somewhere in
> between).

I thought about this too when I first made the package and came to the
conclusion to only build one olsrd-plugins package (and a olsrd package).

It's very easy to rebuild the package with more or less plugins, it's
described in the README.Debian, you just need to edit one line in
debian/rules and rebuild. That said, I'm happy to build all (useful!) plugins
by default.

> > Currently only dyn_gw, httpinfo, dot_draw, nameservice and secure are
> > build.
> txtinfo is a "trimmed down" (as in "as simple as possible to make it
> easily to parse") httpinfo primarily for consumption of other tools.

So you suggest I should build that too?

regards,
	Holger