[olsr-dev] Dynamic tunnels to GWs -- increasing MTU [QUESTIONS]

Gianni Costanzi (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 19 18:49:32 CEST 2007

> on a radio link with many senders at once you usually don't _want_ to
> have high MTUs
> Basically you want to occupy the "time slots" as little as possible.

You're right, but I was thinking about a transparent IP-in-IP
encapsulation (transparent to OLSR-unaware clients), which would
require increasing the MTU in order to fit the additional IP header in
case clients send maximum-sized frames with 1500bytes of payload
(given that we DO NOT WANT to do IP FRAGMENTATION and we do not want
to force a change of MTU on the clients).

Thank you for the answer.