[olsr-dev] Dynamic tunnels to GWs -- increasing MTU [QUESTIONS]

Gianni Costanzi (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 19 18:12:50 CEST 2007

Hi,
it's the first time I use this mailing list and I would be very
pleased if any of you will answer my two following questions:

1) Is there any ongoing work on olsrd about the creation of a plugin
which allows to setup dynamic tunnels toward the gateways? I saw that
it is in the "Future Work" on [1], but maybe there is some
work-in-progress..

2) do you see any problem (maybe related to the implementation of
olsrd) in increasing the MTU for the wireless interfaces of the mesh
network (suppose that the wireless cards support MTUs greater than
1500bytes, as they should)? This could be necessary to do IP-in-IP
encapsulation without the need of decrease the clients MTU (it is
better to avoid IP fragmentation, which could happen if OLSR unaware
clients keep using an MTU of 1500 bytes..)

[1] http://www.olsr.org/docs/report_html/node200.html

Thank you in advance for any suggestion,
Gianni