[olsr-dev] (no subject)

giuseppe de marco (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 9 05:25:11 CEST 2007

I have a question, but I don't know it it make sense.
More, it can be of interest for OLSR development.
Consider a scenario where n nodes meet together. They do not know
nothing about system parameters, like
frequency band, HELLO messagges rate, Window Size, LQ parameters and so on.
Let us take just one parameter, the frequency band (e.g. the channel
available in IEEE 802.11).
How the network can set up automatically the frequency band of
operation? In fact, the network at
the start up is not supposed to be set at the same frequency band. Is
there any protocol which
can run autoconfiguration?
Note that this is opposite to the classical autoconfiguration, like IP
address setting: there,
we want that every node owns a different address (= color). Here, we
want that every node owns
the same frequency (=color).
Giuseppe

--