[olsr-dev] Problems with default olsrd.conf in 0.5.0?

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 3 15:31:07 CEST 2007

Hi again,

I build an RPM package for 0.5.0 and in this package I copy
olsrd-0.5.0/files/olsrd.conf.default.rfc to /etc/olsrd.conf.

The discussion if we should use the RFC config file or the LQ config file as default is
not that important for me, users need to configure this anyhow before starting olsrd.
But I can change default to LQ config file if that is wanted..

Back to the problem description; If I just add a valid interface name and start olsrd -d
4, I get the following error:
[(spam-protected) ~]# olsrd -d 4

 *** olsr.org - 0.5.0 ***
 Build date: Apr  3 2007
 http://www.olsr.org

Parsing file: "/etc/olsrd.conf"
Hysteresis and LinkQuality cannot both be active! Deactivate one of them.
Bad configuration!
OLSR EXIT: main
Terminated

--- End output ---

Hysteresis is indeed enabled:
[(spam-protected) ~]# grep Hysteresis /etc/olsrd.conf
# Hysteresis adds more robustness to the
UseHysteresis   yes
# Hysteresis parameters

But LinkQuality is not enabled in the config file:
[(spam-protected) ~]# grep LinkQuality /etc/olsrd.conf
#LinkQualityLevel       0
#LinkQualityWinSize     10
    # Interface weight is used only when LinkQualityLevel is set to 0.
    # For any other value of LinkQualityLevel, the interface ETX
    # (bad) LinkQuality value and a high (bad)
    # LinkQualityLevel is > 0.
    # LinkQualityMult 192.168.0.1 0.5
    # LinkQualityMult default 0.8

So it seems like an error that olsrd thinks that LinkQuality is on, either by an error in
parsing olsrd.conf, error while checking for LinkQuality vs. Hysteresis or that
LinkQuality is enabled default in the source code.

For now I do not have time to investigate this further, just wanted to inform about this
possible error somewhere..

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik