[olsr-dev] [RFC]: Standarize on plugin README filename

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 3 11:22:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

When creating the RPM package I also include the OLSRD README + plugins README file. One
way to do this is to manually include the files like this:
%doc lib/dyn_gw/README_DYN_GW lib/dot_draw/README_DOT_DRAW lib/httpinfo/README_HTTPINFO

But this requres that I add/remove the entries if a plugin is added/removed.

A more generic way to specify the README files is like this:
%doc lib/*/*README*

But today the different plugins uses different name structure:
lib/bmf/README_BMF.txt
lib/dyn_gw/README_DYN_GW
lib/nameservice/README
lib/secure/SOLSR-README
lib/dot_draw/README_DOT_DRAW
lib/httpinfo/README_HTTPINFO
lib/pgraph/README-OLSR
lib/txtinfo/README_TXTINFO
lib/dyn_gw_plain/README_DYN_GW_PLAIN
lib/mini/README
lib/quagga/README

The problem is that when creating an build root while buildin the RPM package, the
README*-files are copied to /usr/share/doc/olsrd-0.5.0 (example):
/usr/share/doc/olsrd-0.5.0
/usr/share/doc/olsrd-0.5.0/CHANGELOG
/usr/share/doc/olsrd-0.5.0/README
/usr/share/doc/olsrd-0.5.0/README_DOT_DRAW
/usr/share/doc/olsrd-0.5.0/README_DYN_GW
/usr/share/doc/olsrd-0.5.0/README_HTTPINFO

The README is the top level README from olsrd source code.
When copying the lib/mini/README (or README from quagga or nameservice) to the same place
it would overwrite the existing README there..

So I like the README_<plugin_name>[.txt] version best, as all the README's will have
unique and descriptive names in the documentation folder.

Could anyone with CVS access rename (at least) README in quagga+mini+nameservice to a
unique name?

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik