[olsr-dev] olsrd-0.5.0 released

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 3 09:52:33 CEST 2007

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> It has been compiled and tested on Linux and Windows (including Vista
> AFAIK) so I would be glad on feedback, patches and/ot bug reports from
> *BSD* and where ever people get it to run.

Ok, one more thing :)

On previous versions I could use "make INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local install" to select where
to install the binary and the plugins.
This is used when building RPM package as non-root, as we need to install the binary +
plugins to a temporary virtual built root writable by a user (so I don't have to build as
root and overrwrite existing /usr/sbin/olsrd..).

But the 0.5.0 version does not support INSTALL_PREFIX any more, it has the following in
the Makefile:
install_bin:
		mkdir -p $(SBINDIR)
		install -m 755 $(EXENAME) $(SBINDIR)
		$(STRIP) $(SBINDIR)/$(EXENAME)

This means that the binary olsrd is hardcoded to write to /usr/sbin/olsrd and that is
problematic while creating RPM-packages at least.

Should have had this entry in Makefile (taken from 0.4.9):
INSTALL_PREFIX ?=

install_bin:
		mkdir -p $(INSTALL_PREFIX)$(SBINDIR)
		install -m 755 $(EXENAME) $(INSTALL_PREFIX)$(SBINDIR)
		$(STRIP) $(INSTALL_PREFIX)$(SBINDIR)/$(EXENAME)

This way the default setting for INSTALL_PREFIX is empty and it is optional to install to
another location by setting the INSTALL_PREFIX.
Same for installing /etc/olsrd.conf and plugins.

Any good reason why INSTALL_PREFIX was removed for this release?
Could we please add it again, I can supply a patch for it if accepted as I need it anyhow
to build the RPM package..

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik