[olsr-dev] olsr for uclinux

Mohd Shakir bin Zakaria (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 5 17:04:55 CEST 2006

Yup, using uclibc.

uclinux uses its toolchain to accomplish this, and adding olsr to uclinux
means i need to add olsr to the toolchain, which consist of manipulating
some Makefiles, which I fail at. This is from the uclinux's documentation on
how to add user app. I fail at the last step.

Adding User Applications to the uClinux Distribution

D. P. Siddons
9th Dec. 2001

This document gives simple instructions for adding a user-written
application to
the uClinux configuration system. Entries must be added to three files, and
an
apropriate Makefile must exist in the user application source directory,
which
must be put in user (all directory names here are given relative to the
uClinux
top directory. In my system this is /home/peter/uClinux-dist).

Files to edit:

user/Makefile
   Add a line to the file like

   dir_$(CONFIG_USER_FOO_FOO)            += foo

   This adds the directory 'foo' to the list of directories to be built. I
added
   mine in alphabetical order. The order doesn't seem to matter.

config/Configure.help
   This file contains the text which is presented on request during the
config.
   Add a block like

   CONFIG_USER_FOO_FOO
     This program does fooey things to your bars.

   The text must be indented two spaces, and there must be no empty lines.
Lines
   should be <70 chars long.

config/config.in:
   Add a line in the apropriate menu section (i.e. in the program group you
want
   your app to show up in during 'make config'; I used 'misc'), like

   bool 'foo'           CONFIG_USER_FOO_FOO

   The repetition of FOO allows for directories which contain multiple
   executables. Thus, if the user directory 'foo' contained code to make
'foo'
   and 'bar', each gets its own config line if an additional entry is made
like

   bool 'bar'           CONFIG_USER_FOO_BAR

Next, there needs to be a proper /user/foo/Makefile. The Makefile should
follow
the following template:

   EXEC = foo
   OBJS = foo.o

   all: $(EXEC)

   $(EXEC): $(OBJS)
        $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDLIBS)

   romfs:
        $(ROMFSINST)    /bin/$(EXEC)

   clean:
        -rm -f $(EXEC) *.elf *.gdb *.o

   If more than one executable is built in the foo directory, as above, then
the
   Makefile should look like

   EXECS = foo bar
   OBJS = foo.o bar.o

   all: $(EXECS)

   $(EXECS): $(OBJS)
        $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $@.o $(LDLIBS)

   romfs:
        $(ROMFSINST) -e CONFIG_USER_FOO_FOO             /bin/foo
        $(ROMFSINST) -e CONFIG_USER_FOO_BAR             /bin/bar

   More complex makefiles are of course possible. The reader is encouraged
   browse the user tree for examples.

   When all this is set up, doing the standard 'make xconfig; make dep;
make'
   should build the app and install it in romfs and hence in the target
system