[olsr-dev] Implementing an attack into olsrd

aaron (spam-protected)
Sat Jun 17 00:52:14 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 05:47:13PM +0200, Sven-Ola Tuecke wrote:
> Also rather trivial:
> iptables -I INPUT -m mac --mac-source 00:11:22:33:44:55 -j DROP
> Meshing is spelled c-o-o-p-e-r-a-t-i-o-n as we all know...

actually diploma thesis seem to be quite cheap nowadays ;-)
At funkfeuer we regularly have a few DAUs (duemmster anzunehmender user -
most idiotic user you could image) who manages to misconfigure
his /etc/olsrd.conf. All that is needed is a Hna4 { 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 }
as far as I recall. So: we have lots of diploma thesises to offer :)))

Switching between evil and good: iptables .. -j DROP as already mentioned.

Another hopefully better idea for a simple diploma thesis:
make olsrd packets signed so that black holes cannot be intentionally forced.

Just my 2 cents,
aaron.