[olsr-dev] Why are 1-hop routes with destination==gateway added

Kosta Welke (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 21 17:38:55 CEST 2006

Erik Tromp wrote:

> Paul says that these direct, on-link routes are rather silly. I agree (to some extent) with Paul but maybe I have missed something.

The only scenario where they might make some sense if you've got two
interfaces which use the same subnet, but only one can see the node.
Then packets should be sent using the right interface, thus this
route-adding makes sense.

An example would be ad-hoc bluetooth networks. Bluetooth only knows
point-to-point connections and each connection is an interface.

HTH,
Kosta