[olsr-dev] Re: [OLSR-users] Differing metrics for route decision

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 27 14:34:11 CET 2006

One more (sorry to nerve wreck everybody),

most of our routings loops are caused by overloaded devices - since packets
are dropped because the thing does repeat the dijstra calculation too fast.
Visible effect: 30-50% packet loss on ethernet wires. So that unmentioned
directive may be the thing to have here.

Other remark: This weekend I was able to solve the BSSID-split-in-Ad-Hoc
thing for Broadcom Wifi. Have two WRTs talking to each other in my bedroom
on our olsr.freifunk.net SSID, but they don't care about other becons flying
around. Means: No more unpredictable channel switches, no BSSID wars, no
fallback-to-b-mode-only, no hacking with TSF=500.000 years etc. To be
evaluated next wednesday in the c-base Wifi-hell where a couple of PCMCIA
card owners normally bring the local area down :)

LG Sven-Ola