[olsr-dev] Re: [OLSR-users] Differing metrics for route decision

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 27 13:52:52 CET 2006

Hey :)

besides that muscial comparative, there *is* a change (the peak in the
middle).

One more note: Because of the CPU load, I optimized some aspects using gprof
(mainly to held that damn slow old WRTs in service). Biggest winner: the
optimized duplicate_set.c. With a hash size of only 32 and most of the WRTs
in the berlin mesh using an address of (IP & 0x1f == 1) it consumes too
much. Changed to 128 hash size and a hashkey of ip0^ip1^ip2^ip3 - this calc
is less expensive then ntohl() I think.

Alone the dijstra algo is the most expensive part now -> will be very hairy
to optimize that. Hence a question: Is it possible to slow down the
"dijstra-rate"? E.g. a 10 seconds Net-Info-Collection phase followd by a
single dijkstra calculation...? Or do OLSRd need to work on any single
change here?

LG Sven-Ola

Ah - forget the reference for the optimized stuff. It's here:
http://olsrexperiment.de/sven-ola/nylon/olsrd-bb-files-for-nylon/files/olsrd-optimize.patch