[olsr-dev] OLSRv2

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 27 22:44:55 CET 2006

Without having read the draft, I belive OLSRv2 is still based on
the concept of MPRs. Real life experience has shown that this
concept is not a very successfully one. As olsrd has moved along
from a more or less theoretical test implementation to a real-life
experiment it has become something very different from RFC3626.

So even though OLSRv2 is definetly something to have an eye on,
I do not believe it will be implemented as part of olsrd. Read more
about the real-life experiments and the extensions needed for
olsrd to work properly in real-life meshes at:
https://www.open-mesh.net/optimized-link-state-routing-deamon/olsr-story.txt/view

My guess is that B.A.T.M.A.N. will have taken over for olsrd by
the time OLSRv2 reaches RFC :-)

Anyway, that is my $0.02...

- Andreas