[olsr-dev] Implementing an attack into olsrd

Holger Steudtner (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 4 11:20:26 CEST 2006

Hello,

I implemented an blackhole attack direct into the code. I choosed that
way, because I want to switch between olsrd with and without attack.

It seems to work fine on my testmachine with one interface (eth0), but I
get nothing neither on my laptop with 2 interfaces (eth0 (wired) and
eth1 (wireless) ) nor on the small PDAs with interface wlan0.

I did set the right interfaces in olsrd.conf.

My implementation is based on manipulating the message building as
Andreas said. This is done in "build_msg.c" in the functions
"serialize_hello4" and  "serialize_hello6" and in "packet.c"

Oh I know whats the difference. on my laptop I use LQ_HELLOs.
But isn't it possible to implement the attack so, that no matter what
quality I use to route the packets, it works. Wich function does the
real send-job?

Thank you for your help,
Holer