[olsr-dev] snprintf(), ...

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 7 10:47:57 CET 2005

Hi Bernd,

[Bernd suggested to use snprintf() et al. instead of sprintf(), strcat(),
...]

On Win32 olsrd uses msvcrt.dll, which ships with Windows, as its C
library. I've just checked and the version on my system (XP Service Pack
2) has snprintf(), strncpy(), and strncat(). However, I am not sure since
which Windows version these functions exist inside msvcrt.dll. So maybe
we'd break compatibility with earlier Windows versions by using them. But
then again, there should BSD-licensed source code available somewhere for
them, which we could include with olsrd for platforms that do not support
them natively.

-Thomas