[olsr-dev] OLSR LQ Defaults

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 3 10:48:59 CET 2005

Andreas, Thomas et al.,

yesterday evening I have some smalltalk with elektra about olsrd settings
for more routing stabiltity. Because there are several devices currently
running that Freifunk Firmware, I want to socialize about changed default
settings prior to a mass deploy with the next FFF update. Currently, we use
these defaults (a bit slower than the settings proposed with the source
package to save CPU power with a more static not moving nodes setup):

Pollrate                0.5
TcRedundancy            2
MprCoverage             3
LinkQualityWinSize      18
LinkQualityLevel 2
UseHysteresis no
Interface "ethX"
{
        HelloInterval           5.0
        HelloValidityTime       90.0
        TcInterval              15.0
        TcValidityTime          90.0
        MidInterval             15.0
        MidValidityTime         90.0
        HnaInterval             15.0
        HnaValidityTime         90.0
}

Elektra points out, that it would be more stable with olsrd-0.4.10 if
TcInterval is shorter than the HelloInterval. This may overcome the "routing
loop problem" encountered occasionally because topology info is spreaded
more frequently. My suggestion: Hello=10, TC=5, Validity stays 90. Also: a
change of LinkQualityWinSize to 100. This makes HelloInterval *
LinkQualityWinSize < HelloValidityTime). OK? Caveats? Any Comments?

TIA Sven-Ola