[olsr-dev] olsrd-0.4.8

Andrea Sini (spam-protected)
Wed May 11 13:19:45 CEST 2005

(spam-protected) ha scritto:

>Hi, I'm working on my final thesis with the olsrd-0.4.8 implementation on
>linux 2.6.
>In my scenario I have 4 wireless terminals, and I would like the routing
>was performed in a ring manner.
>I have some questions:
>1)Is it right to hide opposite laptop using iptables rules in this way?
>#on terminal with MAC 00:90:4b:4c:0c:f9
>iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -m mac --mac-source 00:90:4b:4c:11:e8
>
>#on terminal with MAC 00:90:4b:4c:11:e8
>iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -m mac --mac-source 00:90:4b:4c:0c:f9

I think it's right but, this way, you're not using the optimized routing
policy followed by the OLSR protocol. So, I think you should evaluate if
you really need it or you'd better use a network simulator to create
"strange" scenarios...

>2)is it possible to prevent the two endpoints of the ring to act as MPR?

As far as I know, it's not possible. The choice of which node has to
behave as an MPR is made by the daemon

Bye

Andrea Sini