[olsr-dev] LQ code enhancements

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 28 18:44:09 CET 2005

> Single/Lonley TC? Every UDP packet comes with (can't remember exacly) ~30
> Bytes overhead in the ethnernet frame. That's 1400/10*30 == 4200 Byte
> instead of a single 1400er UDP. Plus! RTS negnotiation for each. Sounds like
> a bad idea. Ah - maybe a max. OLSR-Packetsize may help one day - if the
> packets grow above MTU...

There is (ofcause :-) ) a max limit to the outputbuffers of olsrd as the
implementation is today, so that OLSR packets never exceed the MTU. Also
single OLSR messages will be chopped of they are to big to fit into the
MTU buffer.

I'll see if I can add single TC/HELLO/MID/HNA options. Still this is not
all that trivial since forwarded packets TC/MID/HNA are to be buffered
for a certain time before forwarding (to avoid collissions)... I think
the easiest way will be to have a stackHelloPackets yes/no option that
controls HELLO emission, but leaves the forwarded messages stacked. But
that's just from an implementation viewpoint, it might be better to have
a stackMessages yes/no option...

- Andreas

--
Andreas Tønnesen