[olsr-dev] olsrd 0.4.10-rc2

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 22 21:01:57 CET 2005

> The patches are applied and a new RC is available.

Just a second... I do not currently have "grep" access to our source code,
but don't we subtract the IP header size (20 bytes) and the UDP header
size (8 bytes) from the interface's MTU after we've got the interface's
MTU from the kernel and put the resulting value into the interface struct?
So the patch makes us subtract the 28 bytes twice.

The fragmented packets might be caused by Windows boxes that in 0.4.9 did
not subtract the 28 bytes from the interface's MTU as supplied by the
kernel an simply copied the value into the interface struct. But this is
fixed in 0.4.10.

So, basically, on Linux in 0.4.9 the interface struct contained an MTU of
1500 - 28 = 1472, which is correct. On Windows, however, the interface
struct simply contained the MTU of 1500 returned by the kernel in 0.4.9.

But I'll re-check all this when I am back home and can grep through the
source code to find the appropriate places.

-Thomas