[olsr-dev] ValidityTime in olsrd.conf does default to 3*RFCvalue instead of 3*config value

Jens Nachtigall (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 14 16:22:35 CEST 2005

Hi all,

the man page of olsrd.conf says about .*ValidityTime:

HelloValidityTime [0.0-]
 Defaults to 3 * the  generation interval.

This only holds true for the command line option -hint, not if there is
a HelloInterval but no HelloValidityTime in the config. The patch fixes
this, though I don't know if it is optimal (maybe it would be better to
do something within oparse.y, but I don't know yacc very well; maybe
like it is done for the -hint option in main.c:665).

regards,
Jens

BTW :-)
from the manpage:
HelloInterval [0.0-]
              ^^^^^^ (is there the max missing after the "-" ?)

Sets the interval on which HELLO messages will be generated and
transmitted on this interface.
(would be good if the reader was told about the default values and the
unit (sec) of this)