[olsr-dev] DynGW-Plain

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 4 10:31:57 CEST 2005

Hi,

the normal dyngw plugin has a lot of disadvantages. It will need libthread
and the ping test normally only works if a default route is present. But:
the normal default route will disturb the routing through the box to other
HNA inet gws. To overcome this, you need to add a "policy routing" default
route with iproute2 in order to bring the normal dyngw ping test into live.

For this reason, I'll use a very plain version of dyngw with my next
freifunk-firmware release. Default-Route (without policy rule) will *always*
announce HNA4. I'll use a cron job/daemon script to switch the standard
default route on or off.

If someone is interested, you may have a look at my olsrd hacks available
here:
http://styx.commando.de/sven-ola/freifunk-olsrd.patch.gz

Regards,
Sven-Ola