[olsr-dev] re-routing though a node problem.

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Sat Sep 18 22:17:11 CEST 2004

Thomas Capricelli wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	I'm having a problem with olsrd-0.4.5 ( i know 0.4.7 is out, but i have
> this on all nodes and haven't updated yet)
>
> I have three nodes ( 10.0.10.7, 11 and 12). For some reason 7 can't see 11, and as such,
> is using 12 for routing. that is
> 		7 <-> 12 <-> 11

[...]

> So it seems 12 is refusing to relay packets from 7 to 11. How can that be ? what should
> I do ? On a 'classical' server, i would use iptables to enable NAT/masquerading. But with
> olsr, i thought olsrd would take care of that.

You could check if IP-forwaring is enables on node 12:
"cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward"

If the answer is "0" you enable IP-forwarding with:
"echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward"

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik