[olsr-dev] IPC-Protocol / GUI

Ignacio García Pérez (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 19 14:06:47 CET 2004

> >3.3- Or use SSL.
> >

> >Regarding the last point, SSL should definitely be a compilation option,
> >since it may not be available or convenient in certain platforms. We have
> >OpenSSL and dropbear, the second being a lightweight alternative.
> >

> That may be an option.
> But can we use the openssl libs on a little device like an WRT ?

Have a look at dropbear. I believe there are also other lightweight SSL
implementations.

On the other hand, for a little device like an WRT, you can forego SSL
(that's why I said it should be a compile option) and rely on iptables to
restric access to the olsrd IPC. This is feasible because you'll agree an
WRT user is not the average user...

Nacho.
---