[olsr-dev] IPC-Protocol / GUI

Ignacio García Pérez (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 18 13:42:29 CET 2004

> > I guess "the data might not be delivered in that exact format"
> means just
> > about what I was going to suggest: that the IPC interface
> provides a full
> > snapshot of OLSRD internal tables, and then, the connected
> client chews it
> > and produces any suitable format.
>
> Excatly. The GUI will have all the needed generic data needed.

Then I'll add some thoughts about the topology plugin discussed a couple of
weeks ago.

I would really like the IPC plugin to be able to serve several clients
concurrently. However, I realize this poses some problems, since the plugin
I was thinking about was a "read only" pluging, that is, all clients receive
information but don't change a thing. If the IPC interface allows changing
OLSRD configuration, for example, either we trust the clients or we only
allow the first client to issue "write" operations...

---