[Olsr-users] OLSRd2 and iptables

Nemesis (spam-protected)
Mon May 9 20:37:14 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

we have an olsrd2 node running only vpn links and exposed to the
internet. We need to protect it a bit more with iptables rules.

What ports do we need to keep open on what chains in order to keep
olsrd2 running? The current configuration we have causes OLSRd2 to stop
working.

Current rules:

iptables --flush
iptables --delete-chain
iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -P FORWARD DROP
iptables -P OUTPUT DROP

iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp ! --syn -m state --state NEW -s 0.0.0.0/0 -j DROP

iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

# other omitted accepted ports like 80, 443, ecc

# OLSRd2
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 269 -j ACCEPT

iptables -I OUTPUT 1 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT