[Olsr-users] Testing DLEP plugin without WiFi

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 18 07:37:14 CEST 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Anderson Huang <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am relatively new to DLEP and am currently trying to test the plugin
> across a 4-node network. This is roughly what the network looks like.
>
> Router 1 --(ethernet adapter)-- Radio 1 ---- (wifi & ethernet adapter)
> ---- Radio 2 ----(ethernet adapter) ---- Router 2

Except for the ethernet between the Radios this is exactly as a DLEP based
radio connection should look like.

> Router 1 and Router 2 manage to see each other in their respective routing
> tables, but I think this is a result of my bridging of the ethernet
> interfaces on both radios. I have also tried testing with both radio 1 and
> radio 2 running over ad-hoc mode; however, in this set-up I am unable to
> bridge as I believe IEEE forbids bridging wifi to ethernet interfaces when
> wifi is set to ad-hoc.

Yes, Adhoc mode cannot bridge, it doesn't have enough MAC addresses.

Try to use 802.11s (and disable forwarding).
(see
http://www.olsr.org/mediawiki/index.php/DLEP#DLEP-radio_on_an_embedded_router_with_OpenWRT
)

> As for the commands I am using,
>
> For routers 1 and 2, I am running
>
> ./olsrd2_dlep_static <ethernet interface> lo --load=<router config file>
>
> For radios 1 and 2, I am running
>
> ./dlep_radio_static --load=<radio config file>
>
> Let me know if my setup is wrong or if I am running the wrong binaries.
> Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Looks okay.