[Olsr-users] OLSRd Runtime Issue

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 2 19:12:26 CEST 2013

Okay, I take this as evidence that Network Manager is at least partly
responsible for this disaster. So what do we do?

remove the IFF_RUNNING flag or file a bugreport for Network manager?

Henning

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Teco Boot <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Have fun with it !!
>
> Teco
>
> Op 2 aug. 2013, om 00:28 heeft Joshua McKee <(spam-protected)> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> I figured out what the problem is with regards to the running flag. I uninstalled network manager from non-working machine, and it worked (Ubuntu Server does not have network mananger)! Ifconfig now shows the running flag, and OLSRd runs without a problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Joshua McKee <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Sorry, by same hardware I meant same make and model. But I actually have re-imaged the same machine and gotten the same results.
>>
>> Also, I'm not sure that it's an issue with the IBSS, as there are other machines close by that are running OLSRd when I try this.
>>
>> By the way, the non-working machine has no connectivity issues in regards to the ad-hoc network. I just cannot run OLSRd.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 3:45 AM, Teco Boot <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Problems might have to do with IBSS, when isolated (no other node to form IBSS).
>> Older drivers fill syslog with warnings in such cases. Maybe new driver has increased level of annoyance.
>>
>> Teco

>> > This was a guess and a bad one at that :-)
>> > I just checked on my Fedora 19 laptop and it has the running flag when
>> > I'm connect to a wlan
>> >
>> > --
>> > Ferry Huberts
>> >
>> > --

We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered
long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to
set sail for the stars - Carl Sagan