[Olsr-users] stable = pre-0.6.5 ?

Ferry Huberts (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 19 21:52:07 CET 2012

On 19/11/12 21:41, Michel Blais wrote:
> So If I understand, instead of using
>
> buildroot = src-git olsrd http://olsr.org/git/olsrd.git;stable

The stable branch no longer exists, so this should not build.
If it does build then you have a problem.

> I should use
>
> buildroot = src-git olsrd http://olsr.org/git/olsrd.git;0.6.4

you can use
- release-0.6.4 (which is the release branch for 0.6.4)
- v0.6.4 (which is the tag on release 0.6.4)

The branch _might_ accumulate fixes _if_ we want to release bug fix
versions on that release train (unlikely).

Ferry

> Also, README file for OpenWRT folder should be updated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Michel
>
> Le 2012-11-16 14:46, Henning Rogge a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> as you maybe did not notice, we reorganized the branches of our
>> repository a few months ago.
>>
>> There is no "Stable" branch anymore, just "Master" where we
>> develop stuff and "release-X.Y.Z" branches where we stabilize code
>> for a release.
>>
>> Each stable release is tagged by a "vX.Y.Z" tag, which is also
>> signed. The latest release is the "v0.6.4" tag.
>>
>> "pre-0.6.5" is the name of the current "Master" development code
>> that will go into the 0.6.5 release branch in the future.
>>
>> Henning Rogge
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Michel Blais
>> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I installed olsrd on OpenWRT from stable git (buildroot = src-git
>>> olsrd http://olsr.org/git/olsrd.git;stable).
>>>
>>> I was thinking that the stable version was 0.6.4 but when I look
>>> at the version :
>>>
>>> # olsrd -v
>>>
>>> *** olsr.org -  pre-0.6.5-git_-hash_
>>>
>>> Is pre-0.6.5 stable and safe to use on production ?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Michel
>>>
>>> -- Olsr-users mailing list (spam-protected)

Ferry Huberts