[Olsr-users] trouble with NAT and smart gateway

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 14 16:54:42 CET 2012

Op 14 feb. 2012, om 15:48 heeft Arjun het volgende geschreven:

> Hi Paul,
> My network setup looks as follows:
> Nodes with interfaces running OLSR (192.168.10.0/24):
> A, B, C
>
> Nodes with interfaces not running OLSR (192.168.1.0/24):
> C, D
2 nodes with same HNA?

I suggest the following:
Allocate a /24 to each node:
	A: 192.168.1.0/24
	B: 192.168.2.0/24
	C: 192.168.3.0/24
And on MANET interfaces:
	A: 192.168.10.1/24
	B: 192.168.10.2/24
	C: 192.168.10.3/24
Configure interfaces, olsr config etc.
Then check IP connectivity on each link (ping). Check with arp, tcpdump etc.
Probably and hopefully it works on your current gear.

> Gateway, announcing HNA4 status:
>
> NAT notes:
> C runs NAT to masquerade packets coming from the mesh and going to the non-OLSR 192.168.1.0/24 network.
not again :-((

Teco