[Olsr-users] olsr and the netmask

Hans-Christoph Steiner (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 10 20:52:43 CET 2012

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I can't seem to wrap my head around what each computer should have set for its netmask. It seems to me that each node on the network should have a netmask of 255.255.255.255 since each node has an entry individually.  But then I see that mesh networks use a defined set, like 10.10.0.0/16.  Is that just to define an IP for a given mesh?  Or should each computer also have a netmask of 255.255.0.0?

.hc

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of Environmentalism", by Curtis White