[Olsr-users] OLSR in Android...a good idea?

Mitar (spam-protected)
Fri Sep 17 22:00:05 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:11 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> most of the time your G1 will be sleeping!

If you use OLSR it does not sleep. Program is running all the time so
it cannot go to sleep.

This is why 4 hours is batter life with OLSR turned on.

I have been now connected with only WiFi to my home AP (without OLSR)
for 12 hours and there is no visible change in battery level. (I have
not been making any traffic from or to phone.) I will repeat this with
ad-hoc later but I doubt there will be much change.

So obviously there is room for improvement for OLSR. Maybe proper
interface to Android system could solve this problem (something
MeshApp is trying to solve). Once Android would send (if it sends it)
a message that it wants to sleep MeshApp could send STOP signal to
olsrd. And CONT when Android wakes MeshApp up.

Mitar