[Olsr-users] Changing IP on the interface

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 4 10:54:51 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:29, Mitar <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:30 AM, Markus Kittenberger
> <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> you can tune this (the speed of detection) with NicChgsPollInt,..
>
> What is default for this?
2.5 or 3 seconds I think.

>> #0 but the originator-ip of your node will not change, even if there is no
>> configured interface with this ip any more!
>
> This is main IP?
Yes. Changing the main IP does bad things to OLSRd and it never worked
right, so we blocked it completely some time ago.

> So then it would be the best to run olsrd also on lo
> where I would leave main IP?
Try to switch on Source-IP routes (SrcIpRoutes yes) and set a fixed IP
in the config file (MainIp <your main ip>) and olsrd 0.6.0 will set up
an additional IP on the localhost interface.

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)