[Olsr-users] Network stabilization time

Bhat, Ishwara (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 2 14:08:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I need advice. I have simple 4 node 3 hop ad-hoc network.

With Hello = 1.0 and Hello validity= 5.0;  TC = 1.0, TC validity =6.0, I
start OLSRd.

How much time is required for the network to startup and fully discovers
all the routes at each of the nodes?

In 1st second

- all the link discoveries would get over. (because of Hello timer being
1.0)

- TCs would start getting broadcasted, but may not be fully stabilized.
(Tc = 1.0, but if Hellos have not reached all the nodes, the links known
to the nodes may not be completed)

2nd second -

            TC messages with "stabilized topology information"  would be
fboded and would reach all the nodes.

Please tell if the above analysis is correct. Or is there any standard
'formula' for this?

Thanks,

Ishwar

This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, are intended only for use by
the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged and/or
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is illegal and
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify me by telephone and permanently delete the original
and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.