[OLSR-users] RFC: removal of internal interface index

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Wed May 9 11:40:20 CEST 2007

[usage of if_nr in Windows port]

I'd say that we do not need if_nr here, either. It's only in here
because the Linux version uses it. Apart from debug output the field is
only initialized here and never used for anything else.

The Windows port uses a fixed-size array for communicating with the OS
when obtaining network interface information. True. It would be cleaner
to first query the number of network interfaces, then dynamically
allocate a buffer of the required size, then query the information.

Well, to sum up, I am fine with removing if_nr.

-Thomas