[OLSR-users] Plugin question - getting a 'Bad file descriptor' error

Gaspard, Bradley S (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 21 15:57:41 CET 2006

I am working on a linux platform and am trying to write a plugin that uses
OLSR to flood specialized messages through the network. The IPC interface
accepts a connection from another process and reads the message that is to
be forwarded. I then have an OLSR scheduled event which creates the
specialized olsr message and floods it through the network. This works fine
for the first message but I am getting a 'Bad file descriptor' error in
ipc_action() when I attempt to connect a second time.  If the message size
is sufficiently small it is not a problem.

I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to socket programming in C so I
apologize in advance if this is not an OLSRd specific question.

Any suggestions or pointers would be gratefully appreciated.