[OLSR-users] Revised LQ code

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 22 15:58:44 CET 2005

Hi there,

The CVS repository now contains revised link quality code. Routing table
creation should now use substantially less CPU cycles, as lookups are
now done via balanced binary trees instead of linear lists.

Moreover, the ETX metric is now also used for HNA entries.

I have up to now only been able to test the new code on my test network,
which consists of merely three nodes. So, I'd be happy if anyone could
test this on a single node (just in case of any unexpected problems) in
a large network.

I a few hours, the changes should have been replicated to the public
SourceForge CVS repository. If you want to test, make sure that your
checked out copy of the source code contains version 1.22 of lq_route.c.

-Thomas