[OLSR-users] Willingness not taken into account in route table

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 11 10:03:01 CEST 2005

> I have maybe not understood what you said. Do you speak about olsrd or
> rfc 3626 ? I hope you speak about olsrd, who do not include yet all
> fonctions descibe in RFC ... Because if you speak about the RFC, I have
> not undestood it :-p

MPRs are only used for flooding OLSR traffic not regular data traffic. The
whole concept of multipoint relaying is to optimize _flooding_ not to
shape normal data traffic.
I agree that IP routes should consider willingness, but MPR selection is
purely based on how many 2-hop nodes a neighbor can reach and makes no
sense in unicast routing.

- Andreas

---------
Andreas Tønnesen