[OLSR-users] Interoperability with INRIA code

Cedric Adjih (spam-protected)
Tue Dec 21 13:21:37 CET 2004

Ha yes, sorry again for the lack of report about the interop.

Due to different machines with different hardware, different
Linux distributions/OS, different implementations and different
administrators, it was not feasible to do complicated experiments,
anyway, so basically the IPv4 tests were first against a (virtual)
topology of 4 OOLSR nodes, including one with MID and HNA,
(which were the results I briefly described)

Here is ascii "art" of the simple topology tested:
  <tested node> --- [iface1: 10.1.1.1 ; HNA: 10.222.0.0/16]
                    [iface2: 10.1.1.10                    ]

          [10.1.1.111] --+---[10.1.1.112]
       	       |                |
       	       \- [10.1.1.113] -/

; and then everyone together, spreading in line inside the Conference
Hotel, while the some tools displayed a graph of the
topology at one end, and while the farthest people tried to reach
places with food and beverages at the other end.

The IPv6 tests were managed by the 3 implementators
so I don't know much about it, except it worked well at the
end also :-)

-- Cedric

Andreas Tonnesen write: