[Olsr-dev] "sendto(v4): Network is unreachable"

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Feb 14 08:29:19 CET 2013

On 02/14/2013 08:24 AM, Bradley Greenwood wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm Brad.. am creating the osx app.  I'm having some problems getting my
> two mac laptops talking on the mesh.  When I run:
>
>      sudo ./olsrd -f files/olsrd.conf.brad -i en1 -d 1
>
> Everything seems to load fine until polling begins.  Error is:
>
>     "sendto(v4): Network is unreachable"
>
> mac 1:  OS 10.8.2
> mac 2:  OS 10.5.8
>
> both are running olsrd 0.6.4.  i'm able to view (valid) json on port
> 9090, both machines.  shows "state": "up" on en1 when connected over
> adhoc but no values show up under keys "view", "links", "neighbors", etc
> in the json.

Please check first if you have layer-2 connectivity to your direct
neighbors (from mac1 to mac2 if these are the only nodes in the mesh).

Does a ping from mac 1 reach the direct neighbor? Same for mac 2?

After this you can check if you see the incoming OLSR UDP packets on
each mac with tcpdump.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE