[Olsr-dev] default_lq_serialize_hello_lq_pair_ffeth

Teco Boot (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 13 17:02:50 CET 2012

It would be a nice goal being able to have less network-wide dependencies on configuration. Having TLVs or msg types let us break compatibility on a user-friendly way. Not extremely useful, but better than manual control over all nodes on using same lq plugin and no tool for migration.

My preference is a generic feedback from receiver to sender, with hello. The nlq feedback could be derived from lq_etx, lq_rssi, lq_else. Sender defines link cost from lq and nlq and send it with TC.

We could come up with new hello message type to do this. Even with new tc message type, with just the link costs, instead of 1/(nq*nlq). To be verified, it was some couple of years ago when I checked this.

If we change, we could use olsrv2 encoding. Better: do it right in olsrv2 and forget clean-up in olsrd. How to implement ETX/RSSI/else link metrics is under discussion, my preference is noted.

Teco

Op 13 nov. 2012, om 14:01 heeft Ferry Huberts het volgende geschreven: